What Is a Slab Leak & How Do They Occur?
Most homes in Frisco and the Dallas area are built on a concrete slab, which distributes the weight of the home to the footings and soil below. To connect your home to water and sewer services, water supply and drain pipes pass through the concrete slab to the locations you need them in kitchens, bathrooms, and utility rooms.
Over time, the soil can erode, settle, or shift, breaking these pipes, or the pipes themselves may fail due to material imperfections, age, or faulty installation. This creates a slab leak, which is difficult to find and repair.
Contact us today to learn more about the causes of slab leaks in the Frisco area.
Signs You May Have a Slab Leak in Your Frisco Home
Although you may not be able to see slab leaks directly, there are many possible signs that they could be occurring, such as:
- An increase in water usage that is evident through higher water bills
- Increases on the water meter while no water is being used
- Damp soil or pooling water near the outside of the foundation
- Pooling water or wet spots on the concrete floor inside your home
- Warm or cool areas just below the floor
- Sounds of water running, trickling, or dripping when no fixtures are on
- Dampness on carpeting, flooring, or drywall that is touching the concrete slab
Call our experts at Staggs Plumbing right away when you notice any of these signs of foundation leaks. Our team can use procedures like physical inspections, hydrostatic testing, sound amplification, and thermal imaging to pinpoint the location of the leak and determine the best repair options.
Once the slab leak is located, our team at Staggs Plumbing can begin the repair process. We will analyze the situation and offer the best repair options for your needs and budget. Depending on the location and severity of the leak, our available slab leak repair solutions include:
- Tunneling under the slab to repair the pipe
- Jack-hammering the concrete to replace or repair the pipe
- Abandoning the pipe and installing a new one
To request an estimate for slab leak repairs in Frisco or the Dallas area, contact our team today.
When you need reliable, effective repairs for foundation leaks in Frisco or the DFW Metroplex, choose our experts at Staggs Plumbing. We offer over 25 years of experience, free quotes, and the friendly, exceptional service you expect of a local, family-owned plumbing company.
Everyone was very professional and did their best to accommodate any requests we had. They can in to fix a leaky kitchen sink and ended up helping us with 2 faucets, our tub, and a toilet handle. April and Nick were awesome!Aurora B.