Clogged toilets can occur for a number of reasons, from poor toilet designs to flushing foreign objects or just plain bad luck. Here are some of the most common causes:
- Too much waste or paper at once
- Low water levels in the toilet tank
- Restrictions due to aged pipes and waste accumulation
- Damage to drain pipes or the toilet itself
- Poor flow from early water-saving toilet designs
- Flushing foreign objects such as paper towels, hygiene products, or toys
Even a well-maintained toilet that is used properly can clog occasionally, but usually, the problem is minor and rectified quickly. For help with toilet clogs in the Dallas area, call Staggs Plumbing at (972) 833-8660 or visit us online.
How to Avoid Toilet Clogs
To prevent toilet clogs, have your plumbing and drain system inspected every year or so and avoid flushing anything by waste and toilet paper. The following items are especially likely to cause toilet clogs and should never be flushed:
- Paper towels, napkins, and other paper products besides toilet paper
- Diapers, baby wipes, or “flushable” moist wipes
- First-aid, shaving, dental, or hygiene products
- Keys, jewelry, toys, or other foreign objects
At Staggs Plumbing, we are equipped to handle the most stubborn toilet and drain clogs, using methods like hydro jetting that are quick, reliable, and safe for your plumbing system. Our company has been serving the Dallas region for over 25 years, and we feature licensed, experienced plumbers, an A-plus BBB rating, and free quotes for all our services.
Everyone was very professional and did their best to accommodate any requests we had. They can in to fix a leaky kitchen sink and ended up helping us with 2 faucets, our tub, and a toilet handle. April and Nick were awesome!Aurora B.