Water Heater Replacement Services in Dallas, Plano and Rockwall, TX
Reliable access to hot water is vital to any functional home. If your water heater is failing to keep up, struggling to stay functional, or otherwise a disappointment, look to the professional plumbing technicians at Staggs Plumbing for water heater replacement in Dallas and surrounding areas.
I recommend Staggs Plumbing 100%
Staggs Plumbing has been a trusted plumbing company serving homeowners and businesses in Northeast Metropolitan of Dallas for over 30 years. Our plumbers are highly experienced, extensively trained, and equipped to replace all models and types of water heaters.
When Should I Replace My Water Heater?
It makes perfect sense to simply repair your water heater whenever possible. However, many situations make replacement not only less stressful as a solution, but also more cost-efficient. Our teams are happy to help you come to the correct conclusion.
There are several signs that now may be the right time to replace your water heater, including:
- Old age – A gas water heater typically lasts between 8 and 12 years, while an electric model may last up to 15 years. Tankless water heaters are known to last as long as two decades. If your unit has reached the old age threshold corresponding to its type, consider looking into replacement options.
- Poor water quality – Rust-colored water flowing from the tap might mean the tank has begun to corrode. Failure may be imminent, so call a plumber for help diagnosing the problem and replacing the water heater if necessary.
- Inadequate water temperature – Under normal conditions, you shouldn’t run out of hot water. If this is happening, your water heater could be on its last leg.
- Odd sounds – Clanging, popping, whining, or other strange noises are signs you should call a plumber. While a repair may be possible, unusual sounds coupled with old age and other problems might mean it’s time to replace your water heater.
- Leaks – Puddles around the tank are a sure sign that your water heater is reaching the end of its life span. The tank may be rusting through, which calls for an immediate replacement before it fails catastrophically.
- Frequent repairs – If you need water heater repair frequently, or the cost of your current repair needs is very high, it’s likely time to invest in a new unit.
Are you unsure whether replacement is the right choice for your home? No problem! Simply schedule a water heater assessment with our experienced technicians, and we’ll help you make an informed decision about the best way forward.
How to Choose a Replacement Water Heater
When the time comes to replace your water heater, Staggs Plumbing can help you make the right selection. Our water heater specialists will help you consider all the factors involved in choosing a new system and ensure your unit is properly installed.
Here are some of the factors to consider when shopping for a new water heater:
- Fuel type – Water heaters can run on natural gas, electricity, fuel oil, geothermal energy, propane, and solar power. Consider what fuel will work best for you based on availability and cost.
- Size – If you install an undersized water heater, you could end up running out of hot water frequently. Likewise, an oversized tank might cost more than necessary to operate. We can help you size your new appliance to meet your family’s hot water demands.
- Energy efficiency – Water heating is the second highest utility cost after space heating and cooling, so it pays to find a model that offers energy savings over the long run. The yellow EnergyGuide label found on all new models makes it easy to compare efficiency ratings.
- Style – Instead of immediately deciding on a storage water heater simply because that’s what your existing model is, consider the features and benefits of tankless water heaters. These are much more efficient than traditional tanks and could be just what you need to lower your water heating bills.
- Cost – More advanced water heaters, including tankless versions, tend to cost more upfront, but they deliver lower operating costs over their lifetime. We can help you compare the purchase price of different water heaters to their annual operating costs to discover which model will save you the most money in the long run.
Schedule Water Heater Replacement in Dallas
Since 1990, Staggs Plumbing has been focusing on what our clients want most: affordable plumbing services, dependable contractors, and unmatched quality of workmanship. Our teams are dedicated to providing you with the best support and products possible, and we always make every effort to ensure the total satisfaction of our plumbing clients. When you need a replacement water heater, you won’t find a better company to turn to!