Plumbing Services Offered in Royse City
We are a full service plumbing company, which means that there is literally no job that we cannot do. Here is a sample of the typical plumbing calls that we receive from your neighbors.
- Water heater repair and replacement, including tankless water heaters.
- Slow water flow in faucets.
- Slow sewer line drainage
- Faucet repair and installation. This is a common bathroom repair item. Read more here.
- Water leak detection.
- Water filtration systems.
- Slab leak detection and repair.
- Sewer line repair.
- Clogged toilets. If your Royse City bathroom gets a clog in the toilet, read this link for some easy DIY fixes.
- Toilet replacement/installation.
- Gas line repair and gas line leak detection.
- Kitchen faucet, garbage disposal and dishwasher installation and repair. More information about kitchen plumbing issues can be found here.
- Leaks in your shower.
- Emergency plumbing issues.
No plumbing job is too small for Staggs Plumbing. Let our expert team of plumbers diagnose and repair any water-related emergency you have. To book an appointment for your Royse City home or business, please call us at (972) 833-8660.
An example of one type of job Staggs Plumbing performs in Royse City every day:
The soil in and around Royse City TX has a high clay content; water in the ground is absorbed, and it expands slightly. If you have a leaky sprinkler system, pools of water sitting around the foundation or poor drainage, there’s a good chance the soil around your home will expand. In periods of dry spells or droughts, water leaves the soil, allowing the soil to shrink.
If your home has a concrete floor, then it’s built on a “slab”. The constant expansion and shrinking over the years shifts the water pipes coming into and from your house. Sometimes enough stress or pressure can break a pipe, allowing water to seep out and find its way up through minute cracks in the slab into your house. This is known as a slab leak. For further information on repairing slab leaks in Royse City, click here.
Preventing Slab Leaks
As a resident of Royse City, you’ve probably heard that it’s not if you’ll have a problem with your home’s foundation, it’s a matter if when it will happen.
There are a couple of things you can do to help slow down the expansion & contraction of the soil under your slab.
Water Your Foundation
Foundation experts will advise you to “water your foundation” which means making sure it doesn’t dry out too much. If you have sprinklers, are they adjusted so that the soil near the house will benefit from the water. You can also purchase soaker hoses rather cheaply that provide a nice constant drip of water for a few hours at a time. There are several home improvement stores near the Royse City area such as Lowe’s or Home Depot that carry soaker hoses.
In the hot and dry Texas summers, it’s always a good idea to lay some soaker hoses around the foundation to help the soil maintain adequate moisture to help prevent it from drying out and shrinking. They are relatively inexpensive and can be purchased at your local hardware store. By keeping the soil around your home slightly moist, it will help avoid too much movement in your home’s foundation.
Here is an informative video from Home Depot about the use of soaker hoses – in this case, for flower beds, which are normally near the foundation of the house.
Royse City has seen its fair share of extreme weather. 2015 saw a record rainfall for the year. It is important to make sure you have adequate drainage to take the rainfall away from your house. Use rain gutters or flexible downspout extensions to direct rainfall away from the house and spread over the yard. Your local home improvement store usually carries a large selection of gutters and related accessories if you want to go the DIY route rather than call in a professional gutter service.
Call Us Today: (972) 833-8660
- Population (approx.): 11,000
- Geo coordinates: 32.9751°N, 96.3325°W
- Postcodes: 75189
Things to do in Royse City
- KHSE (near County Road 678 and ): KHSE (branded as FunAsiA 700) is an AM radio station licensed to Wylie, Texas. Broadcasts an Asian format.
- Wilkerson-Sanders Memorial Stadium (near Alpha Drive and Gamma Court): An 8,330-capacity multi-use stadium located in Rockwall, Texas. Used for football, soccer, and track & field.
- Rives Air Park (near White Pine Drive and Pinon Trail): Rives Air Park is a public airport located nine miles (14.5 km) south of the central business district (CBD) of Royse City.
- Caddo Mills, Texas (near Gilmer Street and 1st Street): Caddo Mills is a city in Hunt County, Texas, United States. It is home to a Fedex sorting facility.
- Deep Water Point Estates, Texas (near County Road 963 and County Road 962): An unincorporated community in Collin County
- Little Ridge, Texas (near County Road 1206 and County Road 948): An unincorporated community in Collin County.
- Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport
- Dallas Love Field
- Phil L Hudson Municipal Airport (Mesquite).
- McKinney National Airport
- Mesquite Metro Airport-HQZ
- Owens Country Sausage Heliport (Richardson)
- Majors Airport-GVT (Greenville)
- Terrell Municipal Airport (Terrell)
- Bennetts Airport (Crandall)
- Texas State Highway 66
- Interstate 30
- Houston Street
- Clear Lake
- Lavon Dam
- Lavon Lake
- Royse City High School
- Fate is 3 miles to the south-west.
- Nevada is 5 miles to the north-west.
- Josephine is 6 miles to the north.
- Lavon is 6 miles to the north-west.
- Rockwall is 8 miles to the west.
- Caddo Mills is 8 miles to the north-east.
- McLendon-Chisholm is 9 miles to the south.
- Quinlan is 12 miles to the east.
- Wylie is 12 miles to the west.
- Heath is 12 miles to the south-west.
- Farmersville is 13 miles to the north.
- Rowlett is 14 miles to the west.
- Travis Ranch is 14 miles to the south-west.
- Sachse is 15 miles to the west.
- Lucas is 16 miles to the north-west.
- Murphy is 16 miles to the west.
- Terrell is 16 miles to the south.
- Princeton is 17 miles to the north-west.
Everyone was very professional and did their best to accommodate any requests we had. They can in to fix a leaky kitchen sink and ended up helping us with 2 faucets, our tub, and a toilet handle. April and Nick were awesome!Aurora B.
- Sabine Creek Ranch which is on 576 Sabine Creek Road, Royse City
- Patient Gardener which is on 402 Margaret Street, Royse City
- Royse City Plaza which is on 111 East Main Street, Royse City
- Plaza which is on 111 East Main Street, Royse City
- Becknell Park which is on 422 North Houston Street, Royse City
- Old Mill Park which is on 513 New Street, Royse City
- Splash Park which is on 40 West Main Street, Royse City
- Royce City’s splash pad which is on 431-631 West Main Street, Royse City
- Walker Hawk Sports Complex which is on 100 Erby Campbell Boulevard, Royse City
- City Lake Park which is on 1100 Live Oak Street, Royse City
Nearby Amusement Parks
- Thrillvania Haunted House Park which is on 2330 County Road 138, Terrell
- Celebration Station which is on 4040 Towne Crossing Boulevard, Mesquite
- Hawaiian Falls Garland which is on 4550 North Garland Avenue, Garland
- Hydrous Wake Park which is on 580 North Cedar Drive, Allen
- Escapology Escape Rooms Dallas – Rockwall which is on 1290 E Interstate Highway 30, Rockwall
- Splash Kingdom which is on 6501 Interstate Highway 30, Greenville
- Jumping World which is on 4445 Saturn Road ste b, Garland
- Rowlett Wet Zone which is on 7723, 5304 Main Street, Rowlett